Geraldine N. Tortorella
GERALDINE N. TORTORELLA is a founding partner of HTW. Her practice focuses on land use, zoning and environmental law, and commercial and residential real estate transactions. She appears regularly before municipal agencies and boards seeking land use approvals and environmental permits, and has done so for more than 30 years.
Ms. Tortorella has lectured and/or written articles regarding various zoning, environmental law, property rights, and constitutional issues for the Practicing Law Institute, the Local and State Government Law Section of the New York State Bar Association, the Municipal Law Resource Center of Pace University, the Westchester Municipal Planning Federation and the League of Women Voters of White Plains.
Special Use Permits, Interpretations and Nonconforming Uses, Westchester Municipal Planning Federation 2016 Seminar for Zoning Board Members (October 27, 2016).
Primary Practice Areas
- Land Use, Zoning & Entitlements
- Transactional Real Estate
- Litigation, Article 78 Proceedings & Appeals
- Environmental Law
- New York, 1988
- Connecticut, 1987
- College of the Holy Cross, B.A., 1984
- Pace University School of Law, J.D. Cum Laude, 1987
- Pace Law Review
Affiliations & Memberships
- Urban Land Institute,Westchester/Fairfield County District Council
- Membership Committee (Chair)
- Advisory Committee
- Tri-State Land Use Council
- New York State Bar Association
- Real Property Law Section
- Local and State Government Law Section
- Environmental Law Section
- Westchester Women’s Bar Association